Take the snowman challenge indoors!
Engineers love a challenge! This challenge gives children the chance to try out the engineering design process during Engineers Week 2018 while at home during Storm Emma #beastfromtheeast. Challenges work best in teams. Take part in our challenge below and send us your photos on Twitter to be in with a chance of winning a Curiosity Box! The competition will close on 2.03.18 at midnight.
Here’s what you need
- Roll’s of toilet tissue
- Glue (optional)
Your challenge is to build a model of a snowman using only a few supplies. Hint: follow the Engineering Design Process on page 6 for this challenge. Remember the Engineering Design Process is all about learning while doing!
- Your goal is to build a snowman using only the supplies provided, which includes newspaper, tissues, and tape.
- Sketch your snowman before beginning. Check out pg 7 for a handy challenge organiser.
- Make balls out of the newspaper for the snowman frame and wrap tissue around the shape to cover the shape.
- Your final model must resemble a snowman, but you can be creative!
- Decorate your snowman to complete your model.
- A specific size for your snowman is not required.
- Tweet us your videos and images to be in with a chance of winning an individual Curiosity Box to @engineerireland #engweek18.