Ideas for your event
Not sure what do? We’ve come with some ideas below.
Organise an activity or event in your company, and let us know by uploading the event to our website. Remember you are trying to entertain and inspire the audience.
- Host a special free screening of the new documentary Eat. Sleep. STEM. Repeat for school students age 11 plus. Register for your screening now.
- Run a series of hands-on activities
- Host an exhibition/talk/lecture/seminar or debate
- Plan an interactive demonstration in a museum or shopping centre
- Invite a transition year student in to shadow you for the week
- Organise a meet the engineers career session
- Mentor a group of students
- Host a family day or open your business for a public tour
- Read our get involved and planning guides to help get you started
- Spread the word via Facebook and share your stories and pictures
- Write about what you are doing to encourage diversity
- Tweet a picture of yourself at work #engweek17
- Go to your local school and talk to students about what you do
- Publicise existing engineering opportunities with your organisation
- Raise the profile of your engineers and share their story in the media
International Women’s Day 2017 is taking place on the 8th March and this year’s theme is #BEBoldForChange.
Plan a women in engineering event, download our planning guide.
The Global Marathon is an annual worldwide online forum where professional and college women can network, learn and share about women in engineering and technology.
Explore your personal and professional interests. Topics include:
• Engineering in the performing arts.
• How AI is changing our work.
• Women in gaming.
Register for the Global Marathon March 8-9, 2017.
Would you like to organise an event but don’t have much time? There a number of providers available that engage students at a small cost.
Engineering in a box activity kit
Engineers Week & Engineering in a Box have developed an activity kit which you can use during Engineers Week to inspire primary school students to take an interest in engineering. The activity kit includes training and instruction lessons for a demonstrator and all supporting materials so all you need to do is invite a class in or visit a school. The kit costs €200 to cover all the materials for a class of 30. Contact Roseanne O’Leary on 01 6651301 to find out more.
Seiche Training provides marine based education programmes. These interactive, fun and educational workshops have been created by marine biology training experts and provide the ideal link between the marine environment and the national curriculum. The Construct an Underwater Microphone workshop applies engineering and design skills to discover underwater sounds. More details.
Register your event so that you are part of our online searchable programme for Engineers Week. You can also request free merchandise (pens, diffraction glasses and wristbands) . Merchandise is limited and allocated on a first come, first served basis, so register your event early. Marketing and evaluation resources are also available to help you promote your event.